Chakrasana, Urdhva Dhanurasana or Wheel pose
Benefits of Chakrasana (wheel pose)
Strengthens the liver, pancreas and kidneys
– Strengthens the muscles of the hands and feet
– Increases elasticity of the spinal cord
– Excellent for the heart
– Strengthens the vertebral column and increases the oxygen in-take capacity
– Beneficial for your cardiovascular, glandular and nervous systems health
– Prevents respiratory disorders and relieves stiffness of joints, back, shoulder and the thoracic cage
– Recommended for anyone suffering digestive or respiratory disorders
– Very useful in treating diabetes, asthma, constipation and obesity
– Has a positive effect on hormonal secretions
NB Chakrasana should be followed by forward bending poses to counteract the pressure created by the back bend.
Chakrasana should be avoided by those suffering from cardiac ailments, high blood pressure, vertigo and those who have undergone recent surgeries.