HALASANA-PLOUGH POSTURE -BENEFITS
Hal = Plough, Asana = posture or pose
This yoga pose gets its name from the plow – It is a popular farming tool commonly used to use in old era (Still using in same parts of India though) in Indian agriculture to prepare the soil for sowing crops. Like its namesake. The pose prepares the ‘field’ of the Body & Mind for deep rejuvenation.
If you practice Halasana regularly then you completely avoid lifestyle diseases like Diabetes, Obesity, Constipation, Stomach Disorders, Blood Pressure and Menstrual Disorders.
When you become older the back bone loses its elasticity and turns stiff. As long as the elasticity is there you will be healthy. When it becomes stiff you will be old. Practising Halasana helps to keep the back bone flexible even at your old age. ‘You are young as your spine is Flexible
Halasana – Health Benefits
1. It clears constipation and stomach disorders.
2. Halasana helps to reduce both belly and body fat.
3. The inner organs like thyroid, kidney, spleen and pancreas are nourished well.
4. It normalizes high blood pressure.
5. Menstrual disorders in women are cured.
6. It improves memory power. Therefore a student practicing this yoga pose regularly helps to score high marks in examination.
7. With a broad shoulder and a trim waist it gives sleek look.
8. As more blood flows to face, the face dazzles and kept young.
9. Muscle fibers and cervical vertebrae, Thoracic vertebrae and Lumbar vertebrae on the back are strengthened.
10. It helps to keep your back bone flexible and strong.
11 Strengthens and opens up the neck, shoulders, abs and back muscles
12 Calms the nervous system, reduces stress and fatigue
13 Tones the legs
14 Stimulates the thyroid gland, strengthens the immune system
Contraindications of the Plough Pose (Halasana)
Avoid practicing Plough Pose (Halasana) if you have injured your neck, suffering from diarrhea and high blood pressure.
Ladies should avoid practicing Plow Pose (Halasana) during pregnancy and during the first two days (If you are beginners only) of the menstrual cycle.